Sunday, October 29, 2006

That Little Brat and His Tiger...

I just love Calvin and Hobbes...

I have almost all the strips of it (in my Comp... Currently it is missing it's Hard Disk)

I don't remember when exactly I started reading it... Wait, I do!!!

It was at my uncle's place. He had a collection of Calvin and Hobbes. Couple of strips, I had become a fan of it...

Why I love both of them so much?
I think it's the amazing imagination of Calvin. ( "SpaceMan Spiff", "Stupendous Man" and "Tracer Bullet" series, WOW ...)

I mean, come on... he travels around 12-13 planets as SpaceMan Spiff...

Hobbes, his Tiger, is the cutest animal in the cartoon Kingdom I think...

Few quotes from Calvin which I love... Makes me laugh any time:


“My brain always rejects attitude transplants”

“Life's a lot more fun when you're not responsible for your actions”

“In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks.”

“It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.”

“Reality continues to ruin my life”

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has ever tried to contact us.”


“The problem with people is that they don’t look at the big picture. Eventually, we’re each going to die, our species will go extinct, the sun will explode, and the universe will collapse. Existence isn’t only temporary, it’s pointless! We’re all doomed, and worse, nothing matters!”

“You know how people are. They only recognize greatness when some authority confirms it”

"I'm sick of everyone telling me what to do all the time! I hate my life! I hate everything! I wish I was DEAD! Aaah… Well, no I don't. Not really. I wish everyone ELSE was dead."

“People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.”
Gem Of all...

“I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it"
Thank you Bill Waterson...

No comments: